The models are based on extensive experimental data of
microbial behavior in liquid microbiological media and food.
There can be no guarantee that predicted values will match
those that would occur in any specific food system. Before the
models could be used in such a manner, the user would have to
validate the models for each specific food of interest.
Growth of Clostridium perfringens during cooling of cooked cured pork
Range: 0 to 6 log10 cfu/g
Time-Temperature Data Format
This page loads with sample data in the textbox. This format should be followed when entering or pasting data into the textbox. Specifically, please enter cooling profile data as follows:
- Start with header row (e.g. time(hour), temperature)
- Enter each data point on a separate line, separated by a comma (e.g. 1.0, 44)
- Specify time first, in cummulative hours (e.g. 15 minutes = 0.25 hours)
- Specify temperature second, in the units selected using the radio buttons (°C or °F)
- A minimum of five (5) data time-temperature points must be provided
- At least three of the data points must be above 70°F (21°C)
- The time point in row 1 must always be 0 hours
- Data not following this format will be ignored
If using the Browse button to load the data from a text file, the file must:
- Follow the same format as above
- Be in text format (e.g. .txt, .csv)
Clicking on the Calculate Growth Data button will use data provided in the file, if specified, or the data in the textbox if no file is specified. The data from the file will be loaded into the textbox. Please confirm the temperature profile is charted correctly.